The safety guidelines for operating the crane
Crane plays an important role in the development or execution of any structure, construction, industry or project. Therefore, to keep the crane healthy, it is must that it should be operated, maintained, and upgraded periodically.
It is sad to know that there were around 220 deaths from the year 2011 to 2015 as per the report from the CFOI (Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries).
The most common reasons for the cause of crane accidents or deaths are as follows:-
- Cranes collapsing or buckling
- Improper assembly of the crane
- Inadequate training to the crane operator
- Mechanical failure
- Touch with electrical lines and much more.
So, it is important for the crane operator and the supervisor that they should follow safety guidelines strictly. Few of those safety guidelines and tips for safe operation and healthy crane are as follows –
- Ensure the site is suitable for the crane to operate.
- Check the basic requirement of the crane, such as oil, gas and the level of other fluids on a daily basis and before you start working.
- Inspect your crane properly. Just check where there is no crack or damage and all the controls are working properly before starting your activity.
- Checking the weight of the load which needs to be carried. The operator should be aware of the capacity of the equipment like rope, hardware, etc. and should not exceed the capacity.
- The load should be controlled and moved smoothly. Avoid swinging of load and many more.
- So, if you are a crane operator, please be well aware of the operation of crane for better efficiency and safety of yourself and other co-workers. You can even have a crane on rent from crane rental service provider who can provide you operator. These operators are well-aware about the operations, maintenance, and inspection of crane.
Write a Comment